What characterizes our research and teaching philosophy?
1. We aim to solve current and societal relevant problems in financial economics, risk and asset management.
2. Research and teaching go hand-in-hand. We therefore enthusiastically support the KIT's mission on problem- and research-based teaching.
3. We develop new methods to improve existing risk and asset management tools.
4. We bring new research insights in real-time into the class room.
5. Our teaching combines a methodological (engineering type) foundation in financial economic theory, math finance, financial econometrics and computational modeling with valuable (MBA type) business intuition.
6. We aim for interdisciplinary and dynamic interactions: both in research and in the class room.